Congressman Rick Nolan

Representing the 8th District of Minnesota
Facebook icon
Twitter icon
Flickr icon
YouTube icon
RSS icon

U.S. Department of Defense

I'm Ready to Open a Casework File

I believe there is an error in my Official Military Personnel File (OMPF) or I’d like to request that my characterization of service be upgraded on my discharge. What can I do?

Veterans seeking to have their military discharges upgraded or who feel that their service records contain a mistake or inaccuracy should contact the agency charged with the authority to review that veteran’s OMPF. The review board agencies for the respective service branches consider applications in the order in which they are received. The review boards’ determinations are binding. Please follow the below links to contact the proper Review Board for your military branch:

  • United States Air Force:Air Force Board for Correction of Military Records and the Air Force Discharge Review Board
  • United States Army: Army Review Board Agency.Note: The Army now accepts online applications for changes using the ACTSOnline system.
  • United States Coast Guard: Board for Correction of Military Records of the Coast Guard.
  • United States Navy and United States Marine Corps: The Board for Correction of Naval Records and the Secretary of the Navy - Council of Review Boards,including Naval Discharge Review Board.