Congressman Rick Nolan

Representing the 8th District of Minnesota
Facebook icon
Twitter icon
Flickr icon
YouTube icon
RSS icon

Agency Help

If you are a resident of Minnesota's 8th District and are having trouble with a federal agency, my staff and I are here to help you.

Click here to fill out the Casework Form.

Click here to read testimonials from constituents who have been assisted by our office.

Select the agency you need assistance with to learn more: 

Problems we can help you with:

If you are having trouble solving a problem with a federal agency, I may be able to assist you in working with the agency. While I can't ask the agency to do anything which they are unable to do under law or regulations, I can make sure that all of your rights are respected and that errors in procedure are corrected. For example, if you aren't receiving your Social Security disability, or are having issues resolving difficulties with your federal income tax, we can open a case file for you. Because casework so often involves working directly with Minnesotans, casework is done from my Minnesota offices. Click here to read testimonials from constituents who have been assisted by our office.

Problems we can't help you with:
Unfortunately, I am unable to assist you if your problem is not with a federal agency. You can use the information on this page to determine whether the issue you're having is something we can help with. We will, however, always try to point you in the right direction and connect you with appropriate people when we can't be of assistance. Please 
How to contact us for help:

If your issue can be determined as casework, please carefully review and include all of the information listed below, so that you don't miss important information that could impact your case or my staff's ability to help you with it:
  • Your Social Security number for a case involving Social Security;
  • VA claim number for a case with Department of Veterans Affairs;
  • Taxpayer identification number (Social Security number, if individual) for an Internal Revenue Service problem, etc.;
  • Your address, home phone number and daytime phone number (if different than home) so that we can obtain any additional information from you that might be necessary;
  • Copies of any related documents or correspondence that you may have from the agency involved.

I'm Ready to Open a Casework File

Click here
 to read testimonials from constituents who have been assisted by our office.

Having trouble with the online form? Call (218) 464-5095.