Congressman Rick Nolan

Representing the 8th District of Minnesota
Facebook icon
Twitter icon
Flickr icon
YouTube icon
RSS icon

Nolan Questions U.S. Transportation Secretary Elaine Chao on President Trump’s Infrastructure Plan

Jun 8, 2017
Press Release

U.S. Rep. Rick Nolan today questioned U.S. Transportation Secretary Elaine Chao during a House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee hearing on the Trump Administration and Congress’ push to privatize our Nation’s air traffic control system.

Video of Nolan’s questioning is available
HERE.

Prior to the committee hearing, Nolan said: “President Trump’s infrastructure plan hands over more than 80% of our Nation’s infrastructure funding to the private sector and is not feasible. Business leaders, the Chamber of Commerce, and the AFL-CIO have all testified before the Transportation & Infrastructure Committee stating the Federal Government must fund at least 90% of our infrastructure. The remaining 10% at most should come from public-private partnerships.”